Friday, August 27, 2010

Sh*^%t my Kids Say

My kids must be the weirdest kids on the planet. Every minute of the day they amaze me with their truly strange but imaginative conversations. But they really get things in a different way, different than us adults.
Hornworm Caterpillar

Here's my latest example from yesterday, when we discovered gigantic hornworm caterpillars voraciously munching my tomato plants. My 7 year old son LOVES caterpillars, so under no circumstances could I get rid of the creatures eating my veggies.

My husband (to son): "Watch out, that caterpillar might sting you. It has a stinger on its back."

Me (quoting from one of the zillions of caterpillar/butterfly/bug books I read at night to the boys): "Are you sure that's a stinger? Many caterpillars have harmless horns that they use to scare away enemies."

Husband: "Yes, I'm sure. Don't touch it!"

Son: "It looks like Alan [my husband] is the caterpillar's enemy."

Very clever, yes? And he didn't even mean to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment