Tuesday, November 3, 2009

LASTING LEGACIES: Chapel bell rings of history - News


LASTING LEGACIES: Chapel bell rings of history - News (UGA Red and Black Newspaper)

Ah, the bane of my existence. UGA's historic chapel bell. Many legends surround this symbol of tradition. But my office sits right across Herty field from the bell, which is rung not just on special occasions, but when people are taking tours of the campus or when they get drunk downtown and want to make some noise. So even though I have great respect for this great symbol of UGA's tradition, my patience for its loud, resounding peals grows short when reveling drunkards our eager tourists loudly express their zeal outside my office window.

Yes, there it is again! (Ding, ding) The sound of distraction once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment