Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Trip to a Gender-Specific Lakefront Resort

I have a confession to make. I am on a trip this weekend where no men are allowed. No kids, either. It is blatantly discriminatory, I understand. My husband has been quite vocal in pointing this out. Naturally. He is stuck at home with the kids. And he is a Republican...

In the same way, Congressional Republicans have criticized President Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court for her involvement in a group that promotes women in the judiciary. Law prohibits involvement in racial or gender exclusive groups, they say, so Sotomayor must be disqualified from the nomination.

So? Should we be concerned? Should I resign as self-appointed nominee for Next Dictator of the World because of a single weekend of indiscretion?
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment